Rockwell Automation, the worlds largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information. The company helps customers through leading technologies and a comprehensive portfolio of products, software and services. We are among 100 the most ethical companies globally.
Rockwell Automation is looking for an Electrical Engineer, Hardware Continuation with digital electronics design experience to join our Control Logix Continuation Engineering team. You will maintain and enhance our critical Control Logix products, which include Programmable Automation Controllers, Communications modules, I/O modules, Power Supplies, and associated chassis, focused mainly on hardware and some embedded software effort. As primary Product Line Responsible Engineer for these products, you will play a key role in ensuring consistent customer availability by monitoring and mitigating component obsolescence, responding to product hardware anomalies to ensure a high-quality and robust design is delivered to our customers, and analyzing designs to identify and implement cost reduction opportunities while maintaining product specifications. You will work on a team comprised of engineers across multiple disciplines (e.g., mechanical, ASIC/FPGA development, embedded software), project managers, product marketing, and manufacturing & quality organizations to steward a critical product line through its customer lifecycle. The environment fosters a collaborative and innovative approach to work with teams across the globe. It is dynamic, fast-paced, and requires a highly motivated individual with a passion for developing creative solutions to complex problems. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop technically and take on increased scope and responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar related technical discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in product development and release of printed circuit board level electronic hardware systems with experience in high-speed digital design (using components such as microcontrollers, DDR memories, Ethernet, ASICs, FPGAs).
- Experience with electronic hardware design tools such as schematic capture (Mentor Graphics or similar), PCB design, timing analysis, and signal integrity (HyperLynx or similar).
- Effective written and verbal English communication.
- Legal authorization to work in Poland is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar related technical discipline.
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet functional safety standards; IEC 61508 and/or SIL2/SIL3.
- Experience with creating UL/ATEX compliant design (isolation / spacing), preventing and eliminating EMC/EMI issues.
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet product certification requirements, such as UL, CE, or IEC 61010.
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet security standards, such as IEC 62443 and functional safety standards, such as IEC 61511.
- Professional certification related to process safety (e.g., Certified Functional Safety Expert, Certified Functional Safety Practitioner, or ISA84) or formal process safety training from a recognized body (e.g., exida, ISA, or TUV).