For our research center in Kraków, Poland we are looking for a Researcher with expertise in the area of Industrial Software Architecture and Engineering. You will join a dynamic, motivated and creative team with a broad range of experience and competences, who combine theory with practice, testing and validating new technologies in our advanced laboratory facilities.
- Contribute to and lead research and development projects designing software for the next generations of products and systems for power grids, green energy and related fields
- Collaborate with a global team of researchers and engineers in Hitachi Energy business units to identify and solve real-world challenges for our customers through expertise in software design
- Work on ideas and concepts of new software with business impact, turn them into prototypes and verify them
- Work with a multitude of technologies and stacks, for systems spanning from single sensors up to the cloud
- Evaluate feasibility and performance of 3rd party components for application in our products
- Network in the company and actively distribute your knowledge and expertise
- Provide consultancy in your field of expertise to our business units
- Collaborate with local and global external partners including universities, open-source communities, startups and vendors
- Disseminate your results in scientific publications, patent applications, and technical reports
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or in a related field.
- Practical experience with design and implementation of embedded real-time systems, ideally as part of an IoT system, including the associated reliability, performance and security aspects.
- Experience with container and microservice architectures.
- Experience with advanced software engineering and software architecture tools.
- Know-how of modern design patterns, methodologies, programming languages, frameworks and stacks
- Ability to conduct all phases of a software project – conceptual work, architecture preparation, design, prototyping and verification
- Willingness to mix conceptual activities with hands-on work
- Ability to adapt to different team sizes – from single-person studies to participation in large teams
- Experience with industrial/utility/automation systems and communication protocols would be a plus
- Willingness to take an interdisciplinary approach, working with experts from domains away from own area of expertise.
- Experience that demonstrates your team-oriented, innovative, and strategic working styles
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Life insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Gym membership
- Medical insurance
Globetek Sp. z o.o.
małopolskie / Kraków
Hitachi Energy Poland Sp. z o.o.
małopolskie / Kraków