For our research center in Kraków, Poland we are looking for a Researcher with expertise in the area of Software Design for Machine Learning. You will join a dynamic, motivated and creative team with a broad range of experience and competences. As part of our team you will combine theory with practice, creating, testing and validating new technologies to enable the energy transition.
- Propose, contribute to and lead research and development projects designing software for training, deploying and managing the lifecycle of Machine Learning Solutions for the next generations of products and systems for power grids, green energy and related fields.
- Collaborate with a global team of researchers and engineers in Hitachi Energy business units to identify and solve real-world challenges for our customers through expertise in software design and machine learning.
- Propose and work on ideas and concepts of new scalable and reusable software with business impact, turn them into product-quality prototypes and verify them.
- Design data fabric / pipeline architectures to manage data for use in machine learning, artificial intelligence and automation applications.
- Define and apply state of the art software engineering practices and tools (SW configuration management, static analysis, unit tests and beyond).
- Network in the company and actively distribute your knowledge and expertise.
- Provide consultancy in your field of expertise to our business units.
- Collaborate with local and global external partners including universities, open-source communities, startups and vendors.
- Disseminate your results in scientific publications, patent applications, and technical reports.
- Masters degree or equivalent industrial experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or any related field.
- Programming experience in multiple of C, C#, C++, Java, Python and related libraries and tech stacks.
- Software engineering expertise across the whole SW development lifecycle.
- Ability to conduct all phases of a software project – conceptual work, architecture preparation, design, prototyping and verification.
- Experience in architecting performant, scalable and extendable SW solutions.
- Experience with training and deployment of Machine Learning algorithms.
- Experience that demonstrates your team-oriented, innovative, and strategic working styles.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- In addition the following skills would be beneficial for the role:
- Experience with Cloud, IoT and/or Edge systems and with container and microservice architectures.
- Experience with industrial/utility/automation systems and communication protocols.
- Low level hardware accelerator programming skills (Cuda for GPUs, FPGAs, DSPs).
- Experience with Machine Learning Stacks beneficial (e.g. MLflow, Kubeflow, Seldon Core etc.).
- Knowledge and interest in products and systems for power grids, green energy and related fields.
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Gym membership
Objectivity Sp. z o.o.
Objectivity Sp. z o.o.