For our research center in Kraków, Poland we are looking for a Researcher with expertise in the area of Numerical Simulation, Digital Twins and Machine Learning. You will join a dynamic, motivated and creative team with a broad range of experience and competences, who combine theory with practice, testing and validating new technologies in our advanced laboratory facilities.
- Contribute to and lead research and development projects creating digital twin solutions utilizing mathematical modeling and numerical simulations for the next generations of products and systems for power grids, green energy and related fields
- Collaborate with a global team of researchers and engineers in Hitachi Energy business units to identify and solve real-world challenges for our customers through expertise in numerical simulations, mathematical modeling and machine learning
- Work on ideas and concepts of new approaches to creating, running and exploiting numerical simulations with business impact, turn them into prototypes and verify them
- Develop concepts for combining numerical simulations with new and emerging technologies such as Digital Twins, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Take a multidisciplinary approach to numerical simulation, working with different simulation software tools and implementing novel simulation algorithms
- Network in the company and actively distribute your knowledge and expertise
- Provide consultancy in your field of expertise to our business units
- Collaborate with local and global external partners including universities, open-source communities, startups and vendors
- Disseminate your results in scientific publications, patent applications, and technical reports
- Strong academic qualification with an internationally recognized degree at masters or doctorate level in Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or any related field
- Experience in software development, ideally in developing simulation and visualization software and implementing performance-optimized simulation algorithms in different programming languages (imperative and functional) and using state of the art software engineering practices an tools (SW configuration management, static analysis, unit tests, formal verification)
- Experience working with Simulation Software (e.g. MATLAB, Abaqus, Ansys, COMSOL etc.) and, in particular, the underlying algorithms
- Experience with machine learning, artificial intelligence technologies, in particular in conjunction with numerical simulations
- Ability to adapt to different team sizes – from single-person studies to participation in large teams
- Willingness to take an interdisciplinary approach, working with experts from domains away from own area of expertise
- Experience that demonstrates your team-oriented, innovative, and strategic working styles
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Nice to have: Knowledge and experience spanning multiple disciplines (e.g., electrical, mechanical, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics)
- Nice to have: Skilled in creating reduced-order mathematical models describing physical phenomena.
- Nice to have: Skills in optimization
- Nice to have: Skills in UX and visualization of data
- Nice to have: Experience with 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) modeling.
- Nice to have: Knowledge and experience with products and systems for power grids, green energy and related fields
- Life insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Gym membership
- Medical insurance
Globetek Sp. z o.o.
małopolskie / Kraków
Hitachi Energy Poland Sp. z o.o.
małopolskie / Kraków