For our client, we are looking for passionate Site Reliability Engineer to help deliver and run a suite of new technology solutions for the entire company. The SRE Engineer role is accountable for delivering a variety of technical products, and usually works as part of the SRE/DevOps team alongside other engineers and architects. The Site Reliability Engineer will be part of the team that is responsible for the development and support of the Hybrid Cloud Platform. SRE/DevOps Team works closely with the Technical Service Owners and Operations Team to constantly raise the reliability bar for our services and provide guidance for the adoption of modern technologies in all stages of the service development life cycle.
The Team- TechOps is responsible for all IT Infrastructure across the enterprise and looking to take the opportunity to think differently, build for the future and leverage modern technologies, services and processes. Internally, we like to describe TechOps as a ‘start-up within an enterprise’!
what we offer
- B2B contract
- Remote work during pandemic,
- Challenging projects using cutting edge tools and technologies
- Gain experience helping us build new infrastructure for the entire company
- Private medical care
- Life and Disability insurance
- Flexible office hours
- Dedicated training programmes
- Sport/fitness card
- Team building and incentive events
- Leading role in building solutions to improve infrastructure operations, enabling the client to run a lean organisation and automate as much as possible.
- Own runtime critical services
- Tuning systems to optimize performance and to operate more reliably
- Troubleshooting complex infrastructure issues, service incidents, performance and availability issues
- Writing to ensure our solutions are well documented and simple to understand.
- Building enhancements and fixes where necessary.
- Ensuring the delivered solution meets not just technical, architecture and application principles, but also is compliant to IT Security, Privacy and Quality needs.
- Running deep dive initiatives to help overcome major incidents, complex problems and/or realize opportunities.
- Actively building and staying abreast of emerging technologies, guiding teams on how to interpret and best leverage the emerging technologies.
- Engaging in the community (internally and externally) across multiple channels, looking to share, educate and inspire.
what we expect
- Excellent Scripting & Automation skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Practical knowledge of packaging and deploying applications (i.e. using Terraform)
- Strong experience with Microsoft Azure and VMware products
- Familiar with Azure DevOps
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with public cloud platforms (e.g. PaaS, IaaS, FaaS)
- Experience in service development lifecycle processes and supporting tools
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Strong communication skills with multiple examples of being able to convey complex ideas in a manner that resulted in a definitive direction and result
- Strong personal & work organizational skills
- English at least B2 level
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience within an infrastructure operations environment
- Experience with RHEL and W2k16/19
- Network basics (SD-WAN, Cisco, NSX-T)
- Firewall basics (Palo Alto)
- Strong passion about new technologies, new ideas and creative way of thinking
Nippon Seiki Europe
Nippon Seiki Europe