Our Customers operate across the electricity market: from generation, through transmission and distribution to supply. They serve the power to millions of citizens in different countries. To strengthen our EPM/nMarket I-SEM Team, we are looking for a Software Development Engineer who is a great team player with excellent communication skills. The Team is settled in Krakow and reports to Arkadiusz Zagrodnik.
- Analyze the requirements and propose the technical solution.
- Develop the change and ensure proper code and product quality. Most of the work is related to backend (calculations and business logic in Java, Python and SQL).
- Create automated tests including Unit Testing.
- Optimize the API performance according to growing size of data stored in the system.
- Document provided changes and the way it was validated.
- Together with the Team take responsibility for sprint and quarterly planning, decomposing the backlog, task estimations, security checks in cooperation with Security Team, release preparation and delivery.
- Cooperate with QA, DevOps and L2 support line to handle reported issues.
- Minimum of 3+ years of work experience
- Proficiency in at least one of the below technologies and willingness to extend your technical skills in the other: Java and Spring Boot, SQL optimization for MS SQL Server, Python
- Good English skills, both written and spoken
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com